Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Not sure that trading "hard time falling asleep"

for "hard time waking up" is a good trade. Sure, I'm on vacation you say. Tell that to an insistent and bored puppy.

I fell asleep last night before midnight, thanks to a combo of NyQuil and Melatonin tablets. I figured the NyQuil would knock me out and boy was I right. Of course, to everyone else I'll be all "well, I wasn't feeling great so I took some NyQuil". But, we're past those silly pretenses now aren't we? I just needed to get some fucking restful sleep. Waking up was so damned hard. I had one of those Groundhog Day-esque dreams. In the dream I kept thinking I'd awakened only to discover that I was still sleeping either because I couldn't feel the water in my shower or I didn't feel it when I slapped my cheeks. I'd then force myself awake and it felt (and this I really felt) like I was pulling myself up out of quicksand. Weird. When did I become such a medicine ninny? It takes me almost a full day to get over medicine grogginess now. It's almost not worth the symptom relief.

I spent most of my day working on my house in Sims Social. A true waste of time but damned if that house isn't looking gooood! Posted a screen cap on Tumblr because I'm just that dorky.

We finally got some shopping done today. Got the stuff needed to make healthier meals and got some Skinny Cow ice cream for the evening. I have been craving a sweet snack at night. I know I'll find some awful thing to eat if I don't have something diet friendly on hand. I do have a recipe for 1 minute peanut butter cake memorized. That was a verrry bad move.

Just got some emails from my former boss who is trying to figure out our payroll for W2s. After we moved the computer from the school it crashed. Add to that the fact that we've been hand writing payroll checks and not using a payroll company and you have SCREWED. The worst part is that even though I wrote checks, I didn't make a worksheet keeping track of them all in one place. I know that by the time the school stopped paying payroll taxes I was pissed for many reasons. I really didn't believe that the taxes would ever be paid or that we'd be able to file taxes. That's part of why I didn't make a worksheet. Or why it never even OCCURRED to me. How is that possible??  I feel kind of stupid. No, really stupid. Of course even if I had, the computer crashed but I'd feel better if I had made one to begin with. Now, we're trying to calculate the payrolls and because of the haphazard schedule and lack of documentation, can't figure out if we under or over paid the staff. It looks to me like under, but my boss thinks over. I don't know which would make me feel better, or which would make me feel worse. Bah.

One thing I did get done today was FASFA renewals for me and the boys. Of course that ties right into the tax dilemma as you have to include this information. For now, I checked off "will not file" and we can fix it IF the tax situation gets fixed. Oh, and apparently I'm a displaced worker. You learn something new every day.

Wow, and I thought I had nothing to say tonight.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment