Friday, January 6, 2012

Busy doing something close to nothing

but different than the day before. Ha. I've been thinking about that song lately, oddly enough. The first prompt was a pair of gloves and hat I got for Christmas. They're a lovely shade of raspberry and reminded me immediately of that song and a blusher I used to love. The ways our minds work sometimes amazes me.

I didn't get through everything on my To Do. I did one out of 3. Huh. Either I stink at getting stuff done or I'm setting myself up for failure by adding things that don't matter when I don't really need to be doing them. Probably a bit of both. Finally got my son's application for Medicaid submitted, which is a huge load off my mind. I needed some info for him, but now it's done. I really hope he follows up this time.

Also took Jett out for a nice long walk. It was almost 50 degrees out today! Crazy warm for this time of the year, and considering it was 17 degrees 2 days ago. God, it must suck so bad for anyone who lives or works outside. We dropped Joey off in Scranton and then hit a few stores. As usual that ate up a good chunk of the day. We took Jett with us so he was happy. First we hit Bam. Bam is a new book store that took over the Borders store in Scranton when it went under. We were really glad to see it because once the Borders went under so did any book stores within at least 60 miles. Sadly, the one in East Stroudsburg which is more convenient was taken over by a cheesier store. Oh, well. Anyway, I bought a really cute dog calendar. It's cute and they were all 50% off. Shame that I saw a cuter cat one just after I bought the dog one.

Bought the ingredients to make a no bake cheesecake from Walmart. The Walmart in Scranton is quite a bit nicer than the one in Mount Pocono. Also got the fixings for a dinner I've read about on a runner's Tumblr. It's chicken sausage, orzo and broccoli. I think I got the wrong broccoli because she uses fresh rabe but maybe I'll use the spinach we have on hand instead. The cheesecake came out kind of weird because the cream cheese and cool whip didn't blend as well as I'd have liked. Then to make matters worse, I tried to fix it by scooping the pie innards out and blending them, messing up the graham cracker crust. It's better blended but looks weird and sloppy. Tastes okay though.

I also made a Tumblr account for my Sims character. Ha!

One thing I do want to do is to do some research into helping my sister set up a set advertising tutoring and editorial services. She has been editing mine and my son's papers for school now for a while. She's quick, concise and communicates well. I think it's be a good revenue stream for her.I worry about her future. She hasn't had a job that isn't off the books ever. How is she going to live when she's older? I worry a lot about that.

Decided on the classic book I want to read this month. It's "The Golden Notebook" by Doris Lessing. I wonder if that counts as a classic? I think it probably does but I'll have to check. Don't know what I'll choose if it doesn't make the cut. I'll still read it, it just won't be my "January Classic".

Ha. Once again, exhausted and not feeling like writing and still found quite a bit to say.

Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment