Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Little Things

I wonder if I've mentioned that Sparkpeople changed my suggested caloric intake range? I entered my workouts and got a message I'd never seen before in red. So of course I closed it without reading. Then I got it again the next day. Basically it was warning me about under-eating on a diet and advised me to change my fitness schedule to reflect my increased activity. Sure enough as soon as I did, the calories jumped from 1220- 1450 to 1470 1820.  Oooh, you can bet I liked that. Made sense. When my doctor gave me the results of my BMR test, it was in the 2300 range. He advised a caloric intake of around 1800 if I wanted to lose weight. So why did I listen to a website instead of my physician? Probably because I felt the lower range would work faster, seemed more like dieting, etc. I can really feel the difference too. It was such a struggle to stay in range. I did it 99% of the time but I was so damned hungry. I've had 1632 calories today and I feel absolutely great. Well, sore but I did take a nice long 6.34 walk today. *pats self on back* Who know such a little change would make me feel so much better?

At the start of my walk, I ran into 2 dogs just running about. Cute and friendly but I freaked a bit at first because you never can really tell. Plus, I turned a bend and there they were, right in front of the house where 2 dogs went after me and my dog a few years back. Neither of them had tags but they seemed to be sticking to this one yard. I hope they lived there but who the hell lets one, let alone 2, dogs run about without at least tags on? It's all I can think about tonight. It was so lovely today but it's raining and cold now. I hope they're warm and dry now. I really should have knocked on the door and found out if they lived there.

My son is coming home from Bolivia tonight. Well, he's in Miami tonight, but he'll be back in PA tomorrow. I'm so happy! He's been in Bolivia since November.  Of course that means I have to move out of his room which makes me sad, LOL. Soon his grandfather will be back as well and it'll be back to sleeping on the couch for me. Booo. I really need to find an apartment. Maybe one where I can have Jett. I know it can't happen until I graduate but that'd be super awesome. If I found a job in PA, I could rent a place that allows pets and it wouldn't be a big jolt for him. I worked with someone who rented a place in a trailer park. Wonder how much the rents are?

OK, now that I've finished my delicious PB and honey sandwich, it's time for me to sleep. I'm sure that the dogs will not be letting me sleep in tomorrow.

Chua!

No comments:

Post a Comment